Off to the beach


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
November 2nd 2005
Published: November 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a failed attempt to go to a local market in Altea, we had wondered if it would be open because of All Saints Day (nov 1) but got off with a busload of other tourists, wandered around a bit, and realized it was closed. So, we got on the train and went to Denia. The train ride was much less nausea-inducing than the bus ride we took to Calpe. And the train wasn´t 30 min late, then didn´t skip our scheduled stop and drop us off on the on-ramp to the highway at night, making us walk 30 min on the highway back to town (this is why we took the train from Altea instead of the bus because of our return trip on the bus from Calpe). I do not recommend the bus company Alsa if at all possible! Denia is a pretty town, with some blue domed churches and a nice castle that still has some aspects from Roman times, then was used in the19th century to grow raisins.

Today we are going to relax, then go into Benidorm in the evening to check out some shops and wander around old town (the bargain I struck with Ken because we originally were going to go to a market day in Benidorm but it was a bit far).

So, today is beach day, and tomorrow we are off to get cultured in Valencia, go to the aquarium and check out the sights in the old city.

Hope everyone is well, we will be back in London on Nov 6, Ken islooking forward to some authentic pints in an authentic pub!
Caroline

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb