Ole!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola! Well, today we went to Barcelona, only to find out that the language here is not the Spanish we know at home. The Spanish at home is known as Castillano here, but they do not speak it in Barcelona. They speak Catalan. Weird language. They pronounce the C's and Z's with a lisp (th). We saw the outsides of two houses that Gaudi designed and built. They are like a Tim Burton film! We also saw the Sagrada Familia Cathedral that he started before he was hit by a truck 80 years ago. It still isn't finished, and won't be for about 20 more years. Overall though, our tour was a bit disappointing, because we weren't given an opportunity to stop and take pictures of many of the sites like the Colombus statue or the Olympic Stadium. We just drove right on by. Maybe we will have to come back to take a better look one day.

The evening after Barcelona turned out a little differently, as we hit a nasty storm that surprisingly shook this enormous vessel like that shark did in Jaws. The winds were clocked at 90 km/hour! Tricia was really seasick, but luckily the weather blew over. France tomorrow. Bon Soir!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb