Cannes or Cannot?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour! Tricia and I set foot on French soil. We both did that little laugh that makes you sound french, and didn't wear deodorant to blend in with the locals. It wasn't exactly a quiet town, but it wasn't a bustling metropolis like Barcelona. Apparently the Cannes Film Festival is the only time the town is bursting with tourists. We took a nice long stroll through the streets and markets, and finished off our day there with an espresso, a beer and some ice cream in a local cafe'. Nothing too special, but not that bad either. We did have the option to spend the day at the beach in Cannes, but we were warned that the beach was inhabited by a race of very rich and very very old retirees who choose to spend their last days naked for all to see. Tempted as we were, we opted to stick to the town. We spent the rest of the day at the pool reading and soaking up the Mediterranean sun. Florence tomorrow, we're so excited! Ciao!

Advertisement



12th July 2007

Wow!!!
I can't wait to see all of your pictures!!! It seems like an amazing trip, and I can't wait to hear more. Have a safe trip back!

Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb