Costa de la Luz


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 19th 2007
Published: September 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we travelled along the coastal strip known as the Costa de la Luz between Cadiz and Tarifa, the southernmost point of Spain.
The area is well known for its constant wind and it didn’t disappoint with a very steady breeze to relieve the high temperatures we’ve had for the last few days.

Our first point of call was to Conil, a pleasant resort with many restaurants and bars and a magnificent beach. Then we moved on to Cape Trafalagar of the battle fame, which in itself is not particularly impressive but it was good to visit this site of an important point in British history. Our final stop was at Vejer de la Frontier an inland hill town with classic Spanish white buildings and narrow cobbled streets. Our most memorable moment here was when a long time British resident leapt out of his house to help us negotiate an impossibly narrow and tight hairpin bend in the middle of the town.

We are camped just before Tarifa with magnificent views of the town beach and the Moroccan mountains in the distance. Because of its reliable wind, Tarifa is a leading wind and kite surfing centre and there were plenty of experts to admire as we arrived.

Today is cup final day. We saw the preliminaries in a bar in Vejer and Chelsea receiving the cup in the campsite bar, but we didn’t see any of the football and as I write this I don’t know the score!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb