Guide to gaming in Majorca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
November 23rd 2023
Published: November 23rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

As the largest of the Balearic Islands, Majorca is a popular holiday destination for those that want striking blue waters, sun-drenched beaches, and beautiful landscapes. It’s a great place to visit if you want to make the most of the great outdoors, with plenty of opportunities for hiking, climbing, water sports, and more.

The whole way of life in this area focuses on working with your environment, so siestas are still a daily opportunity to get out of the hot sun and recharge your batteries for whatever the afternoon holds. Nature lovers will be thrilled to explore some of the quieter parts of the island where they might spot Balearic shearwaters and falcons soaring over the sea, and dolphins, jellyfish, and moray eels swimming below.

Photographers will be spoilt for choice with plenty of amazing landscapes to shoot, from imposing mountains to secluded bays and crystal clear waters surrounding everything. There are a number of coastal national parks bursting with local colour, not to mention several uninhabited islands just off the coast where you can spot up to 350 different types of plants and a thriving population of wall lizards.

There’s also plenty to keep history buffs interested as Majorca’s story dates back to at least 1300 BCE and modern visitors can still see evidence of its occupation by the Romans in 123 BCE. There are plenty of fascinating spots to visit, including:

Catedral-Basílica de Santa María de Mallorca

The Sanctuary of Sant Salvador

Bellver Castle

Santuari de Lluc

Artà Regional Museum

The Royal Palace of La Almudaina

Visitors can enjoy the chance to learn about thousands of years of history and explore some of the most impressive buildings in the Balearics, Many offer incredible views across the sea, and there are local guides who will happily show visitors some of the lesser-known historical sights.

The Casino scene in Majorca

As with any popular tourist destination, the nightlife in Majorca offers visitors anything they want, whether that’s a quiet glass of wine overlooking a sleepy bay, or dancing to the latest hits in the hottest club on the island. For those that want something a little different, the island welcomes visitors who want to see what else is on offer.

Majorca also offers plenty of opportunities for indoor entertainment, providing an ideal way to pass the time if you want to get out of the sun. There is a casino on the island called, perhaps unsurprisingly, Casino Mallorca and it welcomes visitors every day with a choice of nearly one hundred slots, fifteen card tables, and a dedicated poker room.

The casino includes a restaurant that serves a range of delicious dishes, and the cocktail bar is well-known locally for its weekly specials. The casino itself is located near a shopping centre, making it an ideal spot to explore while you are out and about around the island, whether you need a break from retail therapy, or just want to cool down.

Online gaming in Majorca

As well as land-based casinos, Majorca has seen a huge number of gaming fans playing casino games such as slingo online. The Spanish Gambling Act regulates the online casinos operating on the island and throughout mainland Spain, so visitors can be reassured that they are not just allowed, but welcome to play casino games online while on the island.

Online casino operators in Majorca have to apply for a casino license and if they are granted, they last for ten years and allow the holder to provide casino games including baccarat, blackjack, slots, roulette, and bingo. The government has had a significant crackdown on unlicensed casinos, getting internet service providers to block them and not allowing them to advertise anywhere in the country, including on the islands such as Majorca.

Online casino operators breaking these regulations could be subject to fines of up to fifty million Euros – enough to put off most of the unofficial operators in the sector. Gamers that want to play casino games online from Majorca can check that they have the necessary license to ensure that they are playing on a legitimate site.

Gaming in Spain

Spain has a healthy gaming industry, worth around 1.4 billion euros in video game sales alone in 2018, with experts expecting the totals to increase in subsequent years. Ranking ninth on the list of global video gaming markets, the majority of this income comes from sales of consoles and the games themselves.

Players enjoy a wide range of games, with most players opting for social and casual games over the PC and console games that tend to top the charts elsewhere. As with the rest of the world, Spanish gamers have welcomed the new technology in use for their favourite games including virtual reality and artificial intelligence.

The current trends seem set to continue in line with the global growth of the gaming industry and the online casino market continues to attract new players. The government’s forward-thinking approach to online gaming makes Majorca a great place to visit for anyone that enjoys playing casino games, whether in person or online.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.892s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb