Tips to Save Money When Planning a Trip to Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
July 6th 2019
Published: July 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Wow! You're getting ready to plan a trip to Spain and you're looking forward to a fantastic journey and lots of memorable experiences. But if you're like most of us, planning a trip is more about deciding where to go and what to do -- budget is also top of mind. Fortunately, in this article we're going to discuss several tips that can help you save money on your trip. You don't have to use all of them, but just having this knowledge will assist you in making more informed decisions.

So, let's get started on our list of money-saving tips for your Spanish adventure!


• Think about booking a Spain travel packagerather than booking airfare, hotel, and transportation individually. Do your research and take the time to find money-saving packages for travel to and within Spain. Look for something that encompasses all the major elements of travel: airfare, accommodations, and transportation. Add up what the costs would be if you booked everything individually and compare to the cost of the package. Make sure to find out what the package doesn't cover and to take that into account when making your decision.
• Consider bus travel while making your way around Spain. While train travel is easier and more comfortable than travel by bus, bus travel is usually much less expensive. Do your research and make sure you know everything you need to about traveling by bus safely in Spain. This is especially advisable if you’re a young driver thinking of renting a car. Many local agencies charge extra fees to rent a car under the age of 25, so take the bus and save!
• Go to museums during free admission days. Different museums have their own days (and/or times of the day) when they offer free admission. Of course, there are sure to be crowds there during those times, but it's well worth it if you're on a budget!
• Book your flights well in advance. Booking your air travel months in advance will help you save a significant amount of money. This is especially likely to be true with budget airlines. If you're traveling from the United States, you might find that the least expensive way to fly to Spain is to fly to somewhere else in Europe first and then get a budget airline flight from there. Look carefully into the airline you choose before booking. Some budget airlines have a lot of extra fees.
• If you're comfortable with the idea of staying in a hostel, go for it! You won't have very much privacy, but you'll potentially save a large amount of money. Backpackers' hostels generally offer breakfast and free wifi.
• Think about Airbnb. Renting Airbnb accommodations could save you a significant amount of money. There are many different kinds of Airbnb accommodations available and you'll have more of a genuine local experience than you would in a traditional hotel.

Save Money So You Can Do More in Spain




Now that you have these great money-saving tips, you can plan your Spanish vacation without constantly worrying about what your bank balance or credit card bills will be when you return home. Make sure to give yourself enough time to explore many of the wonderful cultural and historic attractions this country has to offer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb