Shaken up a bit


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community
September 30th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ok so we have had two days to get over our prang it was my fault I got Hugh to turn off right too soon and it took us right into the middle of the city of Valencia a massive roundabout with about 4or 5 lanes coming in from all directions we needed to go around and get back onto the road we had left too soon we were indicating left and changing lanes but this white car came up our left .hand side quite fast and didn't notice our indication lights and we squashed it. No one was hurt but the Honda is dented and scratched all down that side, but the other car was worse. So there we were on this very busy roundabout a young girl driver who spoke no English and a couple of shaken wrinkleys. Not a good place to be the girl called her Dad I think it was his insurance and we managed to fill in the forms etc and details that we needed to. Lots of miming and gesticulation. I also managed to phone our insurance to ask what we needed to do. The Dad helped us find our route again which was very lucky for us otherwise we may have had another incident. We managed to find this campsite about 40 miles on and people here are very friendly and helpful most of them seem to have been coming here for years. We didn't do much Sun but get washing done and walk Sophie by the sea and river . She loves it and never wants to leave the water!! It seems that all the emails I have been trying to send have suddenly all decided to go so people have received several copies of each. Sorry about that I don't understand what was happening. This incident has made us a bit nervous and we wonder if we should go further south only to have to return again. We will try the next leg in the car first to see how it feels I think. Today we did a little trip around the mountains and back along the coast. Stopped for lunch at a roadside restaurant and had some tappers. Whilst there a young man played the piano and sang songs from les mis Elton John's candle in the wind and others He had such a lovely voice, it was lovely. Someone suggested that we get the car repaired locally he had a two yr old mersadies ? a tree fell on it last year and a local garage did a very good job for a few hundred rather than thousands he would have had to spend at home we are not sure. We have managed to contact Pam and Pete and hope we will be able to meet up with them. The weather is still warm and sunny ,windy at times and a very light shower tonight. Next installment tomorrow!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb