Looming Death Cliff - Calpe, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community
May 22nd 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another picture post - this time of a day trip to Calpe with Bryn, a friend from Mizzou.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

11
1

This would be the Looming Death Cliff -- located in Calpe, Spain, about two hours up the coast from Alicante by tram.
22
2

Bryn, my tour guide for the day - reading the pamphlet given to us by the tourist office that described the history and ecology of Piñon with aburd, enormous words.
33
3

About half way up the walkway. View of the backside of the cliff and the crystal-clear waters surrounding Calpe.
44
4

There were seagulls absolutely everywhere on our hike up.
55
5

Tunnel dividing the safe, tourist part of the trail from the dangerous, much less frequented trail.
66
6

Start of the 2nd half of the trail. The rocks were super slippery and uneven. Notice the ropes on the sides - they were absolutely necessary in some places.
77
7

Did I mention I'm afraid of heights???
88
8

Summit in the distance. This is the point at which we decided we were going to stop and turn around. It was about 90 degrees out, we were almost out of water, and the path was a lot scarier than we thought it would be. We were a bit sad we couldn't say we made it to the top, but decided we'd rather live...
99
9

We were a bit sweaty after the hike. Beautiful! :) We felt bad for the people around us on the tram ride back to Alicante.
1010
10

Really?? Hmmm...


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb