Isla de Tabarca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community
May 22nd 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

An adventure to the Isla de Tabarca as seen through photographs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

11
1

Last weekend, my friend Jenna (from Arizona State) and I decided to take a day trip to the Isla (island) de Tabarca.
22
2

We made our way there by ferry, and arrived at the small island about an hour after leaving Alicante's port.
33
3

We walked through the inhabited part of the island first and found it to be a lot smaller than we had thought it would be. But it was quaint and welcoming none-the-less and full of little restaurants and touristy shops.
44
4

The island was used originally used as a prison years ago. Not a bad prisoner's view...
55
5

The water surrounding the island is known for being crystal clear, and the island is a hot spot for snorkeling.
66
6

Jenna and I always seem walk into random things when we're together. On Tabarca, we came across a group of guys dressed as pirates having a bachelor's party. We thought a picture with them was a must.
77
7

After that interesting stop, we made our way to a cove and laid out by the water for a couple of hours. I got in the water a bit, but all the seaweed and rocks scared me a bit... no surprise.
88
8

After roasting in the sun, we finished our walk around the island through the uninhabited portion. We felt like we were in Greece.
99
9

We ended the day with another adventure before the end of the day. As we were waiting for the ferry at the port, these Spanish men kept offering us seafood they were cooking on their boat. We kept refusing but eventually gave in and joined them for a half hour or so next to the pier, enjoying more randomness before heading back to Alicante. A fun and interesting day for sure!


Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb