Exploring


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community
September 6th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.7827, 0.173545

This morning we explored Javea in the opposite direction, that is, down towards the coastal promenade then round to the working port (both leisure and commercial fishing vessels). We went on foot as opposed to taking the car and parking up which is an added bonus when on a site as it tends to be less stressful, cheaper and healthier since we are getting exercise.

We indulged in a spot of cafe culture by stopping off for a coffee overlooking the sea before walking around the port then along the harbour wall and back. Before setting off back to the site we stopped off at Polly's Bookstore where approximately 10,000 second-hand paperback books are on sale, primarily for the ex-pat community, but also for tourists passing through like ourselves. Since David had long since read the few titles he had brought with him (one of which he soon realised he had read before - doh!), he took the opportunity to buy another Jeffrey Archer having recently rattled through one of his, finding him to be an easy, enjoyable read.

Although not for everyone, I am sold on Kindle having the app on my iPad, and have got through numerous downloaded books from Amazon whilst en route. When we have reasonable wifi, I am able to stock up my 'library', some are at best free of charge, others on special offer. The main downside I can see is that my device does not work well in sunlight, but I understand the dedicated Kindle ones have special screens to combat this. The upside is that if I want to read after dark, in bed for instance, I don't need to put the light on, or disturb David.

So far we haven't missed the TV, despite looking into satellite dishes earlier in the year, and it is quite amusing to see those who cannot do without their sport or soaps struggling to connect, dialogue going to and fro between husband and wife in order to get the best picture. We have little trouble filling our days at the moment, but the Internet has been our lifeline which we do not like to be without. We are able to stay in touch with family and friends, book our next site, research things to see and do, plan a route which is caravan-friendly, read the Daily Mail and, of course, compile this blog for all to stay abreast of our latest adventures.

This site has a lovely pool with plenty of loungers, so we are taking advantage of the inclusive facilities whilst here, so that's where we off to this afternoon for a couple of hours.

Advertisement



9th September 2013

very beautiful!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb