Valencia - weekend trip


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
January 3rd 2015
Published: October 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Valencia is just a 4-5 hours trainride from Barcelona, we didn't succeed to leave Friday night because we were bringing my friends dog, and they wouldnt allow him on without seing several papers - but the day after we succeeded with a smaller regional train instead. This meant we only had 1,5 days there - so we had to make the most of it.

Short and cheap train ride - definitely an easy weekend trip to do while in Barcelona. Then arriving at a small cute bed and breakfast called Balcon Al Mar, really nice standards for the price (60 euros for a double room), which would have been at least twice as expensive in Barcelona.

We went for a long nice walk around the city, at the marina then to the beautiful beach, this part was more mordern and everything seems so clean and organized when you come directly from Barcelona. We walked through the center and found nice little churches, old charming buildings and ended up having really cheap beers at a small placa.

Later we went for dinner and ended up at a tivoli they had near the harbour and our B&B. We spent most of the evening here, followed by a party in my friends room that turned out to be huuughe and with a really nice and fancy bathroom where you could sit down in the shower - I am guessing they paid a bit more than me!

The next day we had a quick breakfast and went to the Museo de las Ciencas which is a really really cool building and the surroundings are absolutely beautiful and the museum itself is defitintely worth a visit if you are geeky enough to go to a science museum. Unfortunately we did not have too much time since we had to go with the train in the afternoon, so we had a quick walk through a nice park on the way back and then it was off back to Barcelona.

Beautiful and cheap weekend trip - I advise everyone to do it if they get a chance. Since we went in early spring it was also a bit hotter than Barcelona so we could relax at the beach which we could not quite yet in Barcelona. You can combine it with the Festival called Fallas or the Tomatino which is in a city close by - both are supposed to be very cool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb