Valencia and The Med


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
July 17th 2006
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We traveled back to Spain after the wedding, arriving back to Valencia about 9pm Monday night.

Greg and I were lucky enough to stay with our friends Brett, Lou and their daughter Clare for the next four days.

Brett and another friend of ours Tim are working for team Alinghi, the defenders of the America’s Cup that will be held in Valencia next year. The port where all the teams are located is amazing, unfortunately I didn’t get any shots as photographs were not allowed  I didn’t realise until now just how much money is invested in this event.

We managed to go out for dinner, one night with Brett, Lou, Tim and Kim, it was really good catching up with everyone.

One of the days Greg and I went exploring around the old town - where the bull ring is located. Lou and Clare took us to a beach about 80km south of Valencia. The water temp is perfect at the moment, although the beaches are crowded. On the last day we were there Lou showed me some of the great clothes shops - mmmmm retail therapy - my kind of holiday!

To Brett,
Catching up with friendsCatching up with friendsCatching up with friends

From left to right, GD and Nai, Brett and Lou, Tim and Kim on the right
Lou and Clare
Thanks some much for sharing your home with us, we are truly grateful. It was awesome to catch up with you guys, see you soon in Oz.
Nai and GD



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb