Fallas


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
March 20th 2006
Published: March 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Carla knew Patch was at the Fallas and had been texting him all night. Somehow we ended up in the same place at the same time. We said it would be stupid to be so close and not say hey to him, so Carla and I went to holla at Patch real quick. Real quick turned into the whole night. We ended up ditching Monica, Claribel and Kate. We had been hanging out with Monica all week and it was time to meet some new people. Yeah, her friends were meeting us, but I already didn’t like them! Hahaha. They got in the way of my food and made me walk all around Valencia. I’m just playing. The people who were with Patch were all from my school and I told myself I’d rather meet people that I’m going to see again than just chill with some other guys all night.

At first I was real quiet. All these people go to my school and speak English, but I had never seen them before and I had no idea what to say. But they were so chill. I felt comfortable in like five minutes. They pulled up a chair for us and everything. They are funny, funny kids.
We ended up hanging out at the Heineken place all night. Carla and I got there at around 2 and we stayed there until 6. We thought we were going to go to some outside party, but we were all having such a good time, we never left. Megan kept getting free drinks from the bartender and I couldn’t stop laughing. She does the Jesus “peace” sign whenever she’s talking and it trips me out. Then there is this guy Vinny. He could be telling the stupidest, most boring story, but he’ll make it funny. There was also Mr. Suave, I don’t remember his name, birthday boy and another guy who built a wall to protect me from the spilled beer and named it after me. We also had two Germans who go to Alla’s school (gorgeous eyes!) and a Spanish girl named Paula. Max is my knew best friend because he knows his right from his left and my good buddy Brooks. I don’t know, there were a trillion people!

All night they drank and smoked. I just sat there and took it all in. I definitely couldn’t hang out with these people all the time, but they were interesting and there was never a dull moment. Nasty story: the bathroom were rank. I thought the girls bathroom was bad with poop all over the seat, no toilet paper and retched smell. But alas, I was wrong. Vinny came upstairs from his first trip to the bathroom and told us how the floor was covered in piss and there was poop floating on top of the seat. Then, his second trip, he peed straight onto the nasty floor, some guy came in a slipped on it, and got covered in pee and poop! Good times!
We had some funny conversations. My porno name is Lucky Darlene, Vinny and I are going to have an eating contest because he doubts my big, fat kid ability, and I informed the group on how I want a big booty. Some things boys just can’t understand. Hahaha.

Patch and Carla had left to go make out. I thought they would be back in fifteen minutes. I mean, how comfortable can it be to make out in the middle of Valencia? Seriously. But 6 o’clock rolled around and we had to go. They were no where to be found. Brooks informed me that if I was a good wing girl, that I would leave with him and the rest of the group and not worry about Carla. Fine, I’m out!

I walked with them to the hostel. The hostel was literally three streets away and somehow we lost half of our group! Me and Mr. Suave went upstairs. When we got there, there were four random girls sleeping on the floor. I thought they were his friends, but he didn’t know who they were or the person whose friends they were. He was a little upset about it, but just packed. Then the rest of our group showed up. Megan was already packed so she just waited at the door. Vinny and Max were struggling and getting pissed. Vinny was furious about the girls sleeping on the floor. I thought he was gonna cuss them out. I bet he would have if they weren’t running so late. Lucky girls.

We finally made it to the Metro. Vinny had been crying about the girls on the floor and started talking trash about Americans and how cheap we are. Megan got pissed and started crying. She wouldn’t let him talk to her the whole time. I didn’t know what to do. I had just met these people and I felt like I was in the middle! So of course I had to take her side because I’m a girl and an American. I had almost succeeded in making her feel better when I started talking again. I wanted to punch him in the face. What had happened to the funny, easy-going guy I had met earlier. Now he was being a prick.

After many wrong metros, tears, and drama, we made it to the bus station. I said “adios” to my friends and told Vinny to call me about the next house party. I had to go to the bathroom SO badly! I walked into the bathroom at the station and almost died. It might have smelled better than the one in the Heineken place, but it looked so much worse. There were used pads on the floor, no toilet paper, pee on the seats, I can’t even describe to you how nasty it was. I’m getting queasy just thinking about it. But I had to go, so I went.

Monica, Claribel, and Kate were already there and somehow Patch and Carla made it there the same time I did. Claribel and I ate breakfast and then walked around the station to try and stay awake. We didn’t make it. We all passed out on the benches. I woke up thirty minutes later and the whole right side of my body, from my big toe all the way up to my face, was numb. I couldn’t sleep anymore. I went to the bathroom again to find that it had just been cleaned. It was marvelous!

I didn’t want to go back to sleep, so I went walking. I know, I’m retarded. I’m walking around Valencia all alone and no one knows where I am. I get stupid when I don’t get enough sleep. But I couldn’t resist because it was beautiful outside. The weather was gorgeous! I finally came back, we hung out, and then it was time to leave.
Let me just tell you. I stayed awake only as long as the bus was stationary. Once that thing started moving, we were out knocked out! We woke up for the bathroom break and passed out again. Those four hours went by way too quickly!

I came home and the family had just finished eating lunch. I gobbled up my food cuz I was starving, and then went back to sleep for three more hours! Hey, a girl’s gotta catch up! Then I took a shower, washed my hair, and started homework. I ate dinner, did more homework and watched an episode of Grey’s anatomy. Good way to end the night.
So I was reflecting on my week/weekend and realized I had given out my number everyday but once. I think I’ve lost my mind. I give it out so they’ll leave me alone and then later realize what I’ve done and pray that they don’t call me. I’m an idiot. Lord Jesus help me!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb