Another day in Torrevieja, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Torrevieja
September 9th 2017
Published: September 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

walkway to the beachwalkway to the beachwalkway to the beach

There are quite a few of these walkways built along the beach. Some lead from hotels and others lead from small housing areas. We park just outside a housing area and take the little road to the walkway.
Nothing too exciting to post today. After walking around Carrefour (grocery store), however, several days and viewing the VERY expensive Spanish hams and doing some research, we decided to do our very own taste test. I had shown an earlier picture of one of the hams that was being sold for 205€ a kilo. That one was a little too rich for our blood, so we bought a little bit of one that was 89€/kilo (about $45/lb) and one that was 49€/kilo (about $25/lb). The more expensive package had 8 slices and the other about 12 (much shorter) slices. Each slice is cut paper thin. Iberico ham comes from a black Iberico pig and, typically is dry, open-air aged about 3 years. We will test these hams with a nice rustic baguette and a $1.50 bottle of very nice red wine. LOL We have to save money somewhere in order to spend it on expensive ham! Gene also made a nice pulpo (octopus) salad. All should be very enjoyable.

Also included a few other pics of the beach and a nice moon shot from yesterday morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

IMG_2842IMG_2842
IMG_2842

The "groom" the beach every morning by pulling a contraption behind a tractor.
Iberico hamIberico ham
Iberico ham

More expensive
Iberico hamIberico ham
Iberico ham

Less expensive
Pulpo saladPulpo salad
Pulpo salad

Octopus salad. You can see the chopped up pieces of the octopus. We bought a whole one that had been cooked. I should have gotten a picture of it before he chopped it up. :-( It was about the size of a softball.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb