Spain Day 28


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Alfaz del Pi
January 22nd 2019
Published: January 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Surprisingly peaceful night's sleep, even though it "felt" like a residential area. Tony's precaution of not drinking in the evening (just in case) proved unnecessary.
Heading back to Jacqui and Mike's at Albir today, to retrieve the iPad and have one more evening with them.
En route, near Benidorm,saw signs for "Carrefour - Finistrat," so decided to call there as they stock a particular cheap wine we've "adopted." Trouble was, after signs at several consecutive roundabouts, we reached one without a Carrefour sign! Not to worry, it DID have a sign for Finestrat. "No problem - obviously that's where we need to go!" Except that Finistrat turned out to be a village up a mountain - and there was no sign of ANY shop, let alone a Carrefour!
We gave up, and let the Satnav guide us down the mountain, back towards our original route. Then, as we reached the main road, there was an enormous Carrefour - with a sign proudly announcing it to be the Finistrat branch!! If we'd just stuck to the main road we'd have reached it soon after where we turned off. Can only assume that there's some strange historical boundary at the bottom of the hill, claiming that bit as Finistrat, or possibly that they didn't want to call it Benidorm.
Anyway, duly arrived at Albir, but both aire and campsite were Complet, so ended up parked outside Jacqui's. Didn't feel any need for no-alcohol precautions this time though. Had another lovely evening with them, including another meal at the Chinese.
1953 km now, so 48 today (thanks, Carrefour!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb