Spain Day 27


Advertisement
Published: January 21st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Thought about paying for another night on the camperpark and taking the tram into Alicante, but after looking at their tourism website decided there was nothing that seemed really unmissable. No doubt someone reading this can tell us later how wrong we were!
Anyway, after a slow start to the day we eventually moved over to the service point, only to find the machine wanted extra money for water! So since our fresh tank was still 3/4 full we just drained the waste water and headed north.
Stopped off for coffee and some shopping at a smallish shopping mall. Followed the signs for its car park right to the point where we turned left across the dual carriageway, to be confronted with a downwards ramp to an UNDERGROUND car park, with a 2.6m height restriction! (Checked later, there had definitely been no prior warning ). So we had to do a 3-point turn to go back along the dual carriageway.
Parked on the side of the road, a chap suddenly came round to the drivers door. But no, this wasn't some minor official telling us we couldn't park there - it was a Frenchman from Jard-sur-Mer, just down the coast from Les Sables, wanting to say "Bonjour!"
Shopping done, we carried on up the coast. The first spot suggested on "Park4Night" didn't look very promising - a bit wild and bleak, even for us!
So we continued, and found a spot at El Campello - where we slotted in behind a UK plated van.
Later we met the occupants, Rob and Hayley, who've just recently moved to France. Spent a little while exchanging experiences, then they went in to get ready for an evening with her dad (who lives locally), and we took a walk down to the marina for a drink at a little bar.
Later, put together a "breakfast-tea" of bacon, poached eggs, fried bread, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes - not bad with only two burners working (must get the other one sorted out!).
Only 11km, making 1905!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb