Ayegui Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Ayegui
September 7th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at 5am this morning with a sore throat and a bad caugh... nothing to worry about. Probably the good air and breathing while smoking.... yes yes I am still smoking, dumbass... Just caughing my lungs out when I am done walking up hill on a mountain, which is pretty much all day...Lol



It was a rough day today. Pain in my leg, sore feet, overheated, .... but it s the Camino friends that keep you going. The whole way Thomas and I walked together and we kept eachother going. The people I hang out with a amazing humans. Kind, easy going and all very down to earth. It s no wonder that I enjoy hanging out with all of them every day.

It s more than I expected and the people make this walk even more enjoyable than it would have been without them.

I finally made it to the final end point of the day and fell down on the bed and almost fell asleep instantly, however shower comes first.... every day routine...

Sign in... find a bed... take shoes off... shower... make the bed... relax...eat...go for a walk to explore the town...go back...sleep...get up...walk and do all of it all over again....

I ve said it before, I love the simplicity of life here on the Camino. It s amazing to only worry about the three basics... food, bed and walk.

Tomorrow will be the last day walking with two beautiful women. It s sad to think that you build up a friendship in a couple days and have to let it go but that will happen multiple times during this walk I bet. I am just happy to have walked with them....

(This was all before dinner... after a bad start to the day, it turned around quick...)

La Fuente Vina happened.
The wine fountain... a tap in the wall of a wine factory that provides free unlimiyed wine during certain times of the day... well we were just in time to test it.... and it worked... very well actually. A group of 8 of us wanted to check the legitity of the umlimited part and were unable to prove it wrong...

So good enough, got some free wine... let s go back and relax a bit so we can walk again tomorrow...

That would have been the plan IF it wasnt for another party in this city. YES we have had a party in every city we have been in now since day one...
A big stage for a band had a women in the front with a dj in the background playing house music and she wad teaching the kids dances... all the parents on the square wearing traditiomal white clothes with a red scarf around their neck. So we decided to join the party. Grab beers at the bar and started dancing with the locals.... I am not a dancer but man did it feel good to be able to move around without a backpack.... after a 'few' beers we had to return, deciding if we would pick up our gear and come back to the party and sleep outside or go to bed. The door gets closed and locked at 10pm so.
We decided to be good and go to sleep at the hostel in the end...

What an amazing night....

Advertisement



15th September 2014

Great fun!
Brilliant to have found the wine tap after your walk. I only found it the next day as I was leaving and got lost for some fine, floating hours in the forest above the the vineyard. What a generous offering from the vineyard and from the towns where you've had such fine parties.

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb