Day 1 Spain. Haro.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Haro
May 18th 2017
Published: May 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IMG_4374IMG_4374IMG_4374

View of a Bodego, with vines growing on the roundabout, at Haro.
After a rocking and rolling crossing up to about 2.30am-while Graham slept peacefully, I eventually slept fairly well. We had a happily uneventfull disembarkation at Bilbao and the satnav didn't let us down. Temperature dropped to 7.5 and rain at one stage as we came through a couple of high mountain ranges.The site where we'll be for our first 5 nights is in Haro, which is a very important wine producing rioja region . There are many beautiful bodegas in the town, all lovely buildings and some decorated with vivid coloured flowers. Glad to report that as we settled down to dinner and wine this evening the sun is out and we can see that there's a lovely mountain range towering up from just beyond the caravan site. A successful first day.....and I made a note of where the airport is for my flight home ?

Advertisement



18th May 2017

It's working!
Hey mum and dad. It's working :) sounds good so far especially the Rioja! Not the cold weather though!! Xxxxxxx
18th May 2017

It's working!
Hey mum and dad. It's working :) sounds good so far especially the Rioja! Not the cold weather though!! Xxxxxxx
18th May 2017

1st day
Fantastic Fiona! Really looking forward to reading this, xxxxx
19th May 2017

When you head south you must...
And there I was thinking you were giving us an Oriental greeting but it's actually the location of your first stay. Glad to hear all went well with the crossing. I'm finally done with work for 2 weeks. Kids are okay, Harry has bronchiolitis. A colleague has tipped Ronda near Marbella and Estepona as a good place to visit. Google it, looks very interesting.
20th May 2017

Haro?
Isn't that the place that's full of Chinese people?
20th May 2017

Haha-all Graham's cousins David.How do I upload photos please????

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb