Camino Trip Day 14: Camino Day 10:


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Azofra
May 18th 2022
Published: May 20th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today was about a 22 kilometer trip, from Navarrete to Azofra. We packed our stuff, left our bag and keys to the apartment at the office, and we were on our way. We were too early for breakfast, so we just started walking. Just on the outskirts of town, we passed the cemetery, apparently a rather old one. The first town today was Ventosa, about 6 kilometers from Navarrete. At about 9am, we reached Ventosa and spotted the Cafe Bar Buen Camino. I remembered stopping here in 2017 on my Camino. We had the usual breakfast of coffee and a sweet. We continued on, passing by the Iglesia de San Saturnino. We could tell we were in La Rioja from all the grape vineyards we passed.

A couple hours later we entered Najera. We decided it was time for lunch, so we stopped in Cafe Bar Caribe because they had a decent menu. I had a paella and Manoli had a salad with a big chunk of goat cheese. We got back on the trail again, and by a little after 2pm we reached Azofra, our destination for today. Here we had reserved two beds in the municipal albergue. Actually, I think that is all there is, about 60 beds in 30 rooms. The albergue is very modern, with a nice dining area, a kitchen with microwave and refrigerator, and a patio. My only complaints were that there were no outlets in the rooms, and that the doors to each room would not lock, even from the inside.

After our unpacking, laundry, and showers, we went the block or two to the main street, and checked out the only supermarket in town. We picked up some fruit, a couple of microwaveable dishes, and a couple of sodas, and headed back to the albergue. We made our dinner, then I worked with the computer for a while and Manoli got the dried laundry and played with her phone for a while.

Tomorrow is a long day of 27 kilometers to the town of Villafranca Montes de Oca.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



22nd May 2022

Routine
I like your routine of leaving early and getting to a place early enough to explore it and relax. I think it would be my preferred way to do a Camino too.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb