Finisterre


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Santiago de Compostela
November 6th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

PeacePeacePeace

This marker is just behind the lighthouse. I would imagine that pilgrims completing their journey would appreciate the message.
On Thursday I went to Finisterre with my friend, Essie. Finisterre is a small fishing town that is famous for its impressive lighthouse. It is usually the last stop for pilgrims completing the Camino; it’s traditional for pilgrims to burn an article of clothing when they finally reach the end of their journey. We took a bus, which took 3 hours because it followed a coastal route. Once we got there, we walked around for a bit and found a really nice little beach. Then we started walking. Along the way we found a map. Unfortunately, it was pretty much useless because it didn’t have a “you are here” indicator, so we could point out the lighthouse but had no idea where we were in relation to it. But in the end everything worked out, and it was definitely worth it to see the beautiful view. The landscape almost reminds me of Bar Harbor. I have many pictures from this trip, so I’ll post a couple with this entry and then post some more in the gallery section of this page. Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

There was no one on the beach when we visited, but I bet it's a popular swimming spot in the summer.
The LighthouseThe Lighthouse
The Lighthouse

The Finisterre lighthouse
The HorizonThe Horizon
The Horizon

You see so far out on the horizon
The End of the WorldThe End of the World
The End of the World

That's me, sitting at "the end of the world."


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb