We made it! Don't ask how!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » La Coruña » La Coruña
October 20th 2014
Published: October 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, unfortunately had to abandon the blog for the time being as there really isn't anywhere to write, and even if there had of been, it would have been impossible so it looks like it will be a post sailing write up instead! We arrived in La Coruna yesterday after a rough crossing. Initially we were planning to stop in France but wanted to get ahead of the weather so kept on going through the bay of biscay.

My main focus has just been on trying to stay upright and brush my teeth twice a day-the crossing was rough and all but 3 crew have been as sick as a dog! It really was just the worst crossing, getting smashed every 30 seconds or so overnight-and it sounds so loud down in the Hull. Thankfully the worst of it passed and we had a pod of dolphins escort us into Spain, leaping and swimming all around the boat. That really was something special to see.

Everyone has been great so far apart from our cabin mates honking socks, we've stripped it down and aired everything whilst in port and she's been told to do some laundry! We had a meal out last night and did another shop this morning.

Hopefully the next leg will be calmer, the plan is to head towards Lisburn, then Madeira then Lanzarote. I'm hoping it'll be shorts and t shirts from now on, rather than oilskins, Woolley hats and many buckets of sick.



Hope everyone is well at home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb