More from A Coruna


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Galicia » La Coruña » La Coruña
June 23rd 2013
Published: July 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We are still in A Coruna (LaCoruna), Spain along with quite a few other boats waiting for the north winds and the large seas to die down. The last couple of days we have had sunny weather which is a nice change from the grey skies and cold wind we’ve been experiencing the last few weeks. Things are looking up (the glass is half full). Thankfully there is plenty to keep us occupied while we... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

A Great IdeaA Great Idea
A Great Idea

They have a great system here where you can rent a bicycle at one location and return it to another if you would like. Bike riding is a great way to get around here and we saw many of these being used regularly.
Beaches EverywhereBeaches Everywhere
Beaches Everywhere

Every place there is a beach there are people using them – the city provides great access to these areas and they are marked with green, yellow and red warning flags for when it is safe to go in.
Other New FriendsOther New Friends
Other New Friends

Foz and Lorraine are new friends that we met in LaCoruna – we will be making the crossing of the Bay of Biscay with them and a few other boats heading north.
The Wedding CarThe Wedding Car
The Wedding Car

This red, Ford Thunderbird was being used as the car to take the bridal party away after the wedding being held in the church.
Beautiful CoastlineBeautiful Coastline
Beautiful Coastline

It is obvious by the coastline why the lighthouses were so important here. The dive operations state there are many ancient wrecks in the area – not a surprise.
The Water Is Clear & ColdThe Water Is Clear & Cold
The Water Is Clear & Cold

We always are amazed at how clear the water is here. Many swim here, but it is too cold for us.
Interesting SculptureInteresting Sculpture
Interesting Sculpture

This “horn” sculpture is set up so it acts as a funnel when waves hit the lower part, they are forced up and out the horn.
Aquarium Aquarium
Aquarium

There is a very nice aquarium located in town here as well.
FunnicularFunnicular
Funnicular

We didn’t make it to it, but there is a funicular that will take you up the side of the cliff in a glass enclosed lift so you can get a great view.
Bob Helping OutBob Helping Out
Bob Helping Out

A boat came in & needed some repairs. Bob was able to help them out with a solution to their problem as it was similar to a problem we had on our previous boat.
Do You See Where He Is?Do You See Where He Is?
Do You See Where He Is?

Note the grey triangle I put on the photo on the left – it is pointing out where the fisherman on the right is standing. I told Bob no fish is worth that for me!
Flowers EverywhereFlowers Everywhere
Flowers Everywhere

We have enjoyed seeing the flowers and color on the hills where ever you hike or bike near here.
Up Close It is Very Tall!Up Close It is Very Tall!
Up Close It is Very Tall!

This landmark is called millennium - we don’t know any more information on it as it isn’t even listed on any of the tourist information - it is quite impressive both from a distance and up close.



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb