Museums and Soccer


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
June 28th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today started out with a nice cup of cafe con leche and fresh churros with chocolate milk. The weather has been warm with a nice breeze.

Pam and I went to the Prado Museum, the world famous museum with art from the Spanish greats- Velasquez, Goya, El Greco, Picasso as well as art from Italy, France, Germany, etc. We were able to see some of the most "important" works in art history, including Goyas two Maja's and Velasquez' Las Madrinas. We also visited a special Picasso exhibit that really explained how Picasso was influenced by the other Spanish greats.

After a wonderful (but exhausting) day at the Prado, we headed back to the hostal, where Pam took a siesta and I went to watch the Brazil and Ghana game. After the game, Andrew and I were itching to play soccer, so we went to the Plaza de Santa Ana with our nerf ball and played a little. Andrew is becoming quite the soccer player, but his auntie was still able to hang!

The most exciting part of the day was watching the Spain v. France world cup game at the Puerta del Sol. A huge screen was set up and thousands of people congregated to watch the game. Everyone had on their Red and Yellow jerseys, flags or face paintings. Unfortunately for folks out here, Spain lost.




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb