Arriving in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
December 16th 2009
Published: December 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

We arrived safely after travelling over 36 hours.... it was snowing here when we landed at Aero Puerto De Madrid - Barajas. Fantastic building too and in the Madrid book of architecture as one of the 10 most notable buildings. Anyway apart from the snow we noticed how bleak it was coming in to the airport - looking down from the plane.... not to mention how cold it looked too!!

We are so glad that we travelled business class and had access to the Qantas Club and other clubs to make our trip a little easier... well a lot easier actually. We had a stop over in Singapore and had to get off the plane and take all our hand luggage off with us... that was fun.

The boutique hotel is very comfortable - although we've found not many people here speak any English!! JOhn is frustrated that he can't watch any sports or news on TV - all in Spanish and no CNN!! John had to go to the front desk to get a knife so he could break into his bag.... After checking into the hotel we went walkabout to have a look around - we found ourselves in the gay section of town.... !!! Also saw many prostitutes there and decided that this wasn't the best area we should be in.


The architecture here is fantastic - and love the old European buildings with statues at the tops of them - we checked out some shops and then came back exhausted and went to bed at 6.30pm - we woke up some time later - both at the same time so up I got to have a look at my watch thinking that it was the next morning however when checking my watch it said 8.50(PM)........... John thought it was a bit strange so he checked it out and it was upside down!!! So it was really 2.40AM!!!! So went back to sleep until about 6.30am... our room faces a central void and couldn't see the sky so didn't know if it was day or night.

Advertisement



17th December 2009

Madrid
Great to read your notes and see photos of those wonderful buildings and best of all to see you in one of them, fantastic. You'll be glad of the coat, gloves and beanie, sorry you lost the hoop though. Is John wearing a beanie too...send pics ! Hope your foot is ok in the cold, maybe you can't feel it at those temperatures. Bye for now, take care and love you lots.xxx PS I hope all your followers have pressed the' Subscribe' button and entered their emails , the site then sends notification of your new entry, to their Inbox.

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb