The long way to Madrid.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
June 15th 2009
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left the apartment in Granada to catch to noon bus to the airport for our 2 pm flight. The bus didn't arrive at 12 noon. We waited until 12.10 pm and decided a taxi might be our best bet in order to catch our flight, the only one from Granada to Madrid, via Barcelona with Spanair. The plane left Granada late, but we knew we had a 2 hour stop over at Barcelona for our connecting flight to Madrid. This flight actually left Barcelona airport at 6.15 pm instead of 5 pm as scheduled. What made things worse was that there were no explanations forthcoming. By this time, we (and most of the other passengers) were getting pissed off! We spend the whole day travelling from Granada to Madrid, which should have taken approximately 4 hours. Let's just say that we won't be flying Spanair again.

Then, we got to Madrid, called the owner of the apartment as we were supposed to. Jesus (yes that is his name!!) could hardly speak a word of English, which made our bad situation even more intense. Fortunately, with the help of a senorita at the information booth for the Madrid Metro, we managed to
connect with Jesus and understand what he was trying to tell us. Then, we made our way to the apartment and guess what, we couldn't locate the building. We had the street right, but just couldn't find the number. Fortunately, a stranger on the street, who obviously knew we were searching, approached us and assisted us. We got into the apartment at 9 pm. My God! What a day!! Then to cap things off, the apartment block turns the air conditioning off at 10 pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb