Upgrade in Granada!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
June 13th 2009
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Flamenco at its best.Flamenco at its best.Flamenco at its best.

Two of the flamenco dancers doing their thing.
We arrived in Granada to find out that the studio apartment we had booked was no longer available because of repairs. Fortunately, the manager offered us another apartment. She led us on a bit of a wild goose chase, directing us to the new apartment on the mobile. One thing about Granada, there are stairs, and more stairs, along the streets. We eventually arrived at our new apartment and we were gobsmacked! The new apartment was a 'luxury' apartment (their words). It was a three storey marble joint with Arabic influences, with a view of the Alhambra to die for. So we settled in very nicely. In the afternoon, we visisted the Cathedral and the Chapel Royal, where there were the tombs of Ferdinand III and Isabella la Catolica, anlong with either his or her parents. In the evening, we went to Los Gallos for dinner and a flamenco extravaganza to complete our first day.

Sunday, we visited the Alhambra. What an amazing experience to see the original Moorish palaces and its gardens, fountains and water courses, and the view of the city, including our apartment. Later that evening, we dicided to go out for a walk and dinner, and
Granada CathedralGranada CathedralGranada Cathedral

The interior of the Cathedral was quite subdued compared to others we had seen.
stumbled on another Corpus Christi procession on the way into the Cathedral, so we followed. This was the culmination of our last day in Granada, befoere heading to Madrid.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The AlhambraThe Alhambra
The Alhambra

One of the courtyards with its water feature.
The AlhambraThe Alhambra
The Alhambra

Another coutyard with its water feature.
The AlhambraThe Alhambra
The Alhambra

Anthony's Jamie Durie shot!
The Sierra Navada mountains.The Sierra Navada mountains.
The Sierra Navada mountains.

Paradoxically it was 40C in Granada and there is snow on the mountains.
GranadaGranada
Granada

The view of the city from one of the towers of the Alhambra.


Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb