thanksgiving


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
December 10th 2008
Published: December 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

November 26-30-

Wednesday: We had a huge thanksgiving meal put on by our school cafeteria. They had to go to a special turkey farm outside of Torino to special order a turkey. It was at least 20 pounds. They made delicious stuffing with raisins and almonds in it. Unfortunately, they do not have canned pumpkins, so pumpkin pie was out of the question. Instead we had a weird apple cake. I met some french people and it was their first thanksgiving! They loved the food!

Thursday: Trish and I took a train to Milano, then a bus to the airport, then plane to Madrid. We got in around 6pm with Danielle and Stacy waiting for us. Danielle is in our USAC program and just got in a day early to madrid. Stacy is the girl we stayed with. She is an old friend of Trish, and is teaching English in Madrid to little kids. She has also lived in Chile for many years. We made her an authentic italian dinner with chicken and risotto.

Friday: We met up with her friend Jason and got a tour of the city. We went to a gorgeous park. We shopped, and had amazing food. What a change from Italian cuisine. We went to a modern art museum, and saw some Salvador Dalis, and Picassos. It was wonderful. We went to a special tapas place that had a 100 different kinds of little sandwiches... mmm.

Saturday: We went to the King and Queen of Spain's castle. They still live in it from time to time, so a lot of it is roped off. It was massive and had themed rooms for everything. Even it's own pharmacy with chemicals just sitting in glass bottles for hundreds of years. We also went to a delcious sangria place that had lines out the door for tables in this tiny cellar. I am glad we were with people who knew the city so well, so they knew the cool underground places to go to.

Sunday: we got up super early and caught the metro to the airport, to milano, took an airport bus, and took a train to Torino. I got in verrrrrry exhausted. It was a wonderful trip and I took many pictures there. It was also nice to not understand what anyone was saying!



Advertisement



11th December 2008

great blog
Loved seeing your travel blog, Anna. You are reallymoving around and seeing so much. Your dadsaid you wrere going tp Paris. Enjouy! Love, Jojo

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb