Tarragona - another day trip


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
January 17th 2015
Published: October 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We went down to Tarragona for just a single day trip which is just an hour on the train and very much worth it.

We got their early on the day ready to go exploring. Went up the hills which had an amazing view of the whole city with the beach in front and hills in the background and really really cool graffiti art. Then we headed towards the center for some quick breakfast and wandered around a bit - before we headed on to the stunning old Roman buildings. We went to all of the roman sights - you can buy a ticket with entry to all of them - the most impressive one is probably the old amfi-theatre, you can be the judge of that yourself from the photos - OR when you go there yourself. Also around there, we went through a really lovely park just by the amfi-theatre which has stunning views over the ruins and sea.

Then we had some nice late lunch on a placa and despite of it actually being winter, in the sun it was nice and warm and we could take of the jackets and enjoy the warmth from the sun - it does get a bit hotter than Barcelona. Wherever we went we found really nice views over the sea, in the end we went down to the harbour to watch the sunset which was also very beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb