Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
January 21st 2010
Published: January 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, hola!!!! Here we are in Spain! Arrived yesterday afternoon to the beautiful town of malgrat de mar😞 I kid, I believe this town is to be a bustling tourist sea resort, where tons of Brits storm in and invade during the hot weather, but in January.... Ghost town, so it looks extra ugly cause all the shops are closed and all the windows are barred with those metal shutter things, so it really is like the town is closed. But there are people here, I think, kidding, I saw a couple when we went to the supermarket. Needless to say we are I think the only people staying in our aparthotel, there maybe another group one floor up, not sure, but boy does this building creek and crack at night!
We survived the first night, Andy cooked our first European dinner, chicken thighs with peppers and tomatoes and some potoes, delish!
This morning we got up early and hit the road toward girona. By the way, ita amazing how many more cars and trucks are on the highway compared to France, oh and you know what else is on the highways here? Hookers! Girls spread out along the highway and they sit there all day waiting to get picked up. Dome bring their own chairs and an umbrella, it's amzing.
So we walked around historic girona, took pics of the cathedral, did't go in cause they charge, I don't think it's right to charge people to go inside a church. Then we walked along the big rampart which had a great view of all of girona. After there we headed to figures, which is a little north of girona, to go to the teatre Dali, or the Dali museum. It was surreal, the different exhibits he had, a car with maneqins inside, and if you put a quarter in the machine the inside of the car would start raining! Alot of strange sculptures and paintings. The building itself was a piece of art. He seemed to have a thing for naked ladies, eggs, and loaves of bread on heads!
Then we just made it in time to get the sun setting near cadaques a gorgeous whitewashed village, which we had to drive long windy mountainous road to get to... Breathtaking.
And now we are back home in bed ready for tomorrows adventures!

Advertisement



22nd January 2010

Holy crap...it sounds like you have done a ton already!!!!! Are you in the house that you are going to stay in for a month? How is it? Where is home base? Is it the Brit hot-spot? Is Andy loving it as well? All is good here! We have a group of 24 coming for dinner this Saturday and Griff has his first Freestyle Snowboard competition on Sunday. Oh yeah, it looks like my brother-in-law Barry may be living with us on and off for the next five months!! Long story!! Keep postin! Happy trails!! Kristi
23rd January 2010

Try this...
Hey Tara We had a great time in Tarragona, it is a beautiful city with loads of sandy beaches and tons of history, and the locals are super friendly. It is an hour or 2 south of Barcelona on the coast. Might be dead this time of year. Have fun, I will stay tuned!! xoxoxo

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb