Press the reset button


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Torroella de Montgri
September 6th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Lou : Our bikes have a button that you reset after each day’s ride. I think I have finally reset mine to holiday mode.

I love that feeling that you get when you are camping when you have spent enough time outdoors so that your skin feels the same as the air. Riding through the Spanish countryside does that.

Do we turn ‘La izquerdia’ o ‘derecho’?; Is there enough water in the bottle?; Is there a hill ahead?

Today it all seems as simple as that.

Yesterday cycled up a huge hill at Romanya de Slava then cruised through a number of seaside resorts and took a dip in the Mediterranean at Patya Castell in buoyant aqua water. Couldn’t bear to change back into my bike gear and so rode the last section in my togs…..mmnnn. Questionable decision that.

It is amazing to approach the small villages through the fields of maize or sunflowers and then climb up along cobblestone alleyways that are so bursting with history. Usually there is a church at the highest peak, surrounded by a spiral of houses that are enclosed by a battlement wall. Excellent doors, sleepy cats and bougainvillea of the most intense colors I have ever seen.

Contento!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb