Tarragona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Tarragona
April 30th 2016
Published: May 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

We had churros again for breakfast because they were so good the first time. We then headed to the airport to pick up the rental car and started on our way to Tarragona. This was a 1.5-2 hour drive. We stopped at the Roman aqueduct which was just outside of town and we were able to walk acros the aquaduct, then walked down to the base of the arches that supports the aquaduct. We then drove into town and had a little trouble finding parking, but ended up in a great spot. We had a Doner Kebap for lunch which was pretty tasty. After that we made our way over to the Roman circus which use to be an area where the chariot races were held. We were able to climb one of the remaining towers and walk through a long tunnel that is referred to as the vault. Next we claimed to the roof top where there were magnificent views of the sea and the city. We really liked this city and think it would be good to visit with the kids someday as there is a nice beach, good restaurant selection, and nice stores for shopping. Then it was back to our car for our 7hr and 45 min drive to Granada. There were not many large towns along the way, no restaurants or fast food right off the highway, so we had chips and a coke from the gas station for dinner. Not too good on our steps today either 13,055.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb