Port Aventura & Tarragona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Tarragona
November 19th 2010
Published: November 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vilanova - Cambrils


Friday 5th November 2010
Travel on to Cambrils near Tarragona for the weekend where the boy’s birthday treat trip is close by. Walk into Cambrils town along the promenade warm and sunny somehow does not seem to be bonfire night !

Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th November 2010
Port Aventura – Universal Studio’s theme park in Spain is only open at the weekends at this time of year and although Woody Woodpecker is the main character Halloween is the theme and proves to be popular and busier than expected. This does not mean we don’t get to ride multiple times on our favourite rides and have a great time.


Monday 8th November 2010
A quiet day on site after the weekend’s excitement and a chance to catch up with domestics.

Tuesday 9th November 2010
Trip by train to Tarragona and a roman history lesson. Here the Romans established a sizeable city the remains of which much can be seen today. After sight seeing for a couple of hours we decide to lunch at a local restaurant and sample the menu del dia 9.80E - a starter of broad beans, ham and black pudding followed by beef with local mushrooms and finally chocolate brownie great value with bread, wine and water included - spot on.
After lunch more Roman remains and a visit to the museum by which time enthusiasm is starting to wane and we head for the railway station to catch our train home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



19th November 2010

Just like home?
We found the Roman sites fascinating. Did the boys enjoy them? Brings to mind the history of Colchester and all the ruins.
23rd November 2010

Tarragona
Spent 3 weeks at Cambrils with the van and 5 kids many years ago. Beautiful area with so much to see. Hope Max didn't catch you playing fast and loose with Betty B!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb