The Story So Far...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Tarragona
December 28th 2008
Published: January 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

New Zealand Immigration have turned down my work visa application, resulting in me loosing my job in Wellington. Why? Because of slightly raised liver enzymes on my blood tests.
I think it just shows that my liver is working, more work = more enzymes.

Anyway I'm now on a strict(ish) weight loss regime and drinking only minimal quantities of ale.

So i headed off to Spain cause Ellie was there for Xmas and new Year and I wanted to take a break from sitting at home in damp boring suburban Hampton and do something fun.

We went to the bar on the first night and 4 rounds for 3 people came to around £12, result!

We spent a day in Tarragona walking round the street market and roman ruins. It was great, there were baby chicken (or chicks as we call them) for sale, on of which attacked a small local boy nearly decapitating him with it's violent kung-fu style chicken fighting skills...

Went and stood on the Balcony of the Mediterranean, which is a bit like standing on a massive balcony looking at the sea. Then we looked around the roman tower ruins thingy, which
Ellie at the roundabout of doomEllie at the roundabout of doomEllie at the roundabout of doom

Apparently it was built, including all the sign posts and other road based paraphernalia, but doesn't actually go anywhere....
are old roman ruins made of stone.

We took some lunch overlooking the sea, it was a kind of pizza/massive croque mousier that came with it's own little axe to cut it.

Moving onto the roman amphitheater we attempted to re-enact childhood memories of Gladiators (I was Wolf).

The rest of the week consisted of many fitness antics such as walking in the hills, walking on the beach, walking to the bar (where I consumed Spanish beer which is light and fizzy and therefore low in calories)... As well as some drinking at Ellies, where the beer was 60p/liter from the supermarket.

New Years eve was fun, we ate steak, drank bubbly and beer and we got to celebrate it twice, once for spanish and once for english!

Now I'm locuming again, off to Frimley Park and Royal Surrey... Will keep y'all posted on developments.

Love

Rob BSc MBBS


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

End of the roadEnd of the road
End of the road

Just stops...


16th January 2009

re my previous comment
I told you you'd never get there

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb