7 waterfalls, North Catalonia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Ripoll
August 7th 2016
Published: August 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Close by Ripoll in North Catalonia you find a spot called 7 gorgs.

You can find it just by entering the name on google maps. The drive is super beautiful through the mountains and arriving is easy, there is a parking spot (park by the road if you can find a spot, parking is 10 euros), from here you see a map over the area - recommend to take a picture of it so you can check it on your way - from here you follow the yellow route if you want to see all the seven waterfalls. There are nice little spots for picnics so bring lunch and loads of water.

The hike starts out through a beautiful quiet forrest. We found several berry bushes and even a wild bunny on our way. It gets a bit muddy since cows use the paths to walk down to their field in the morning, so bring some good shoes or be prepared to be creative with your route.

We chose the creative part and ended up getting off the path and saw some very nice views from the top of the hill. Afterwards we got back on the trail and managed to stop by all the waterfalls, each time very astounded and each time we stopped for a nap and to enjoy the little spots. There were almost no tourists but there would always be a handful people and dogs by each waterfall, maybe go very early if you can. There are several of them where you can jump and even slide in from the rocks so it is a natural waterpark!

On the way back we wanted to stop by San Pol de Mar to see the city and beach but since it was cloudy we did a stop at the nearest beach by the coast to relax a bit before heading back to the airport to leave the car again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb