Montserrat


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Monistrol de Montserrat
August 6th 2016
Published: August 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

With my sister, cousin and friend we rented a car at the airport of Barcelona, where from you more or less have the highway straight to Montserrat. It is an easy drive on around an hour and we arrived around 10 - but this was a horrible time to arrive at the monastery which is super touristy. It was full of big tourist busses with Asians with big cameras, so after having a quick look (the view is very nice up there) we decided to go back a bit to a parking lot we found that only cost 4 euros for the whole day. Here we got a map and a tip for a good hiking route.

We started off hitting the small trails in the hot sun, but we had a lot of fun. The route is super beautiful, surrounded by tall rocks that more or less look like a bunch of penises (yes I said it), but when you come up close they are sooooo big you cant even see the shapes right. Views are insane and you are surrounded by pure nature and almost no people. We found a really nice viewpoint to sit and have some lunch.

We managed to get lost on our way back obviously but this was the best thing that could have possibly happened. We got very off trail and ended up climbing steep rock walls and walking between the trees and between the high peeked rocks. After a while inside the terrain we managed to find a trail again leading us back to our car where we started. At this point we were pretty happy to be able to get some cold drinks and rest our legs again.

After this we hit the road again and went for a well deserved swim in Vilanova just south of Sitges, we went on the left side of the port where you find a nice little beach with some cliffs surrounding it and super clear waters.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb