Off to Barca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
October 28th 2016
Published: October 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Aaagh, had no time to blog, been kind of busy!

After a great evening in Alicante had a good sleep and was up early to head to the airport. Hotel only ten minutes away so easy journey.

Then it got tricky. Email from Seguro parking had said to meet the rep at the gift shop so I left Alex with the bags, in fact he looked like he was looking after half the airport’s bags (we don’t travel light) and headed to gift shop.

The email said the rep would be wearing purple, so every poor unsuspecting person who decided on purple as their colour-du-jour, was pounced upon by a crazy blonde English woman thrusting her car keys at them.

Just before the purple wearers called security I decided to call Seguro parking where a broad scouser practically told me I was stupid and they never meet people at the gift shop!

Trecked back outside to find the scouser who by then had ‘calmed down, calmed down’ and admitted the admin lady must have sent me the Murcia email by mistake, where they do meet people at the gift shop!

Car sorted, we checked in half the airport’s bags, thru security and into the safe-haven of the VIP lounge. Alex did his husbandly duty and made me a bloody mary and all was well with the world!

Flight went without a hiccup and no re-enactments of Aircrash Investigation and we arrived in Barcelona, along with half of Alicante’s luggage.

Taxi to hotel in rush hour but got to see some sights, dumped the bags in the room and wnt for a walk.

Found a great tapas bar in a plaza who’s name escapes me, ordered way too much food as usual but my staple ensalada Rusa was delicious and was polished off!

Found a guy with a boxer dog and got our fix for the day with a sloppy cuddle then walk round the shops and beyond (10k in fact) before heading back to the room to shower and change.

Water pressure was dire so showering took forever.

Had arranged to meet an old friend from way back in my Airtours days, we met Sandy and went for a G&T and a good catch up and photo before she had to go off to dinner, her last night in Barcelona before her cruise the next day.

Went to eat in a restaurant opposite the hotel and without turning this into a food blog, the meal was so good I have to share!

Alex had some delicious carpaccio, he said one of the best he has had, we shared some very authentic alioli and rustic olivesand I had gambas pil pil, the best gambas I have had in Spain, keep your Garrucha prawns, these were the real deal, fat and juicy, peeled and prepared in a spicy sauce, with rustic bread to mop up what was left. One word, amazing.



Back to the room to bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb