Real Life Nudes...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
October 1st 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We thought we had the trains all sorted and truth be known we did however a 40 minute delay with our connecting train did mean we had to run ladened with packs (it probably looked more like a duck waddle) to make our night train through to Barcelona - we wished we´d missed it as the lavish cabin we were expecting had been swapped for a pay to pee toilet. However once we were on there was no getting off (the nice policeman with the gun made sure of that - but only after he had finished preening himself in the reflection in the window). So with nothing else to do for the next 12 hours we headed for the bar (why is it whenever you´re in a single file area the woman with a bung leg always gets out of her cabin in front of you) where the nice policeman had found another shiny surface - it was going to be a long night. Once again we found ourselves trying to understand yet another language and nothing came with instructions. After drowning our sorrows at the bar (with 3 cappucinos) we headed off to bed........bunks no less. The next morning after a little sleep we headed back to the bar for more coffee and a bite to eat - it must have been just what we needed as when we returned to our room we found A) Instructions and B) Hidden compartments containing all sorts of fun things..... but sadly it was all too late as we were just pulling into the station and were greeted with a welcoming sight of a nice Spanish man having his morning pee (For those of you that are counting that was willy number one).

With no map to guide us we flipped a coin and headed West (we think) and by chance stumbled across La Rambla (no this isn´t the same guy that sung La Bamba) the hotels were pretty full but it didn´t take too long to find suitable digs (this time with air conditioning). We headed off to have a look around and it didn´t take long to figure out we would need more than a day so we headed back to the hotel and asked the dude at the front desk if we could stay another night (you could have pushed him over with a feather he was so surprised that we could just ´´change our minds´´).

We decided to play real tourists and save our poor blistered, sweating, half rotton feet a little walking and book ourselves onto a two day (hop on hop off ) tour and with no time to spare threw ourselves straight in the deep end and headed for Sagrada Familia. For the uneducated this is the only catherdral still under construction it was started in 1882 and still has a way to go. The photos will never do justice to the immence scale and detail - we spent a couple of hours there which included a climb to the top of one of the towers - this time we took the lift and walked down. From there we headed for the Park Guell which was hot and busy but one of those places you just have to go.

Day two involved a bit more bus time and a few more sights. Seeing as it was over 30 we decided to head for the beach........all was going well and was just as we had expected, sun, water, sand.......after taking it all in for a while we decided to go for a wee wander and unwittingly walked into boob and ball country. The willy count climbed in less than 2 seconds followed closely by the boob count (that doubled the willy count). Feeling a bit flushed we headed off the beach vowing never again to go back (without our mirror sunglasses and a smaller camera).

We have had a great time in Barcelona and hope to return again - we still (after three days) haven´t seen anywhere near all there is to offer. So it´s with slightly better looking feet that we head off to Paris tonight on another night train - hopefully this one we won´t have to run for and at least we know what to expect this time.

We will update you when we get to Paris or UK and will hopefully be able to download some photos once we are back in the motherland.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb