Barcelona Princess


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 1st 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We woke up and had breakfast in the balcony. It was a breathtaking view! We had a sandwich that we made and coke and chips that we bought. We had no ride to Barcelona Princess. So we tried calling for a ride but we had no luck. Finally we asked the hotel and they got us the transfer and told us it will cost 175 Euros. Such a rip off! We both fell asleep in the cab ride. It took an hour and half but we ended up at the wrong hotel #562 and our hotel was #1. The driver got mad and called the hotel people tontos (which means dumb in Spanish). Nagy kept telling him the hotel workers are, “Muy Tontos.” The guy got angrier and kept talking bad about the hotel workers. So he turned the cab around and complained until we got there. We spent 165 euros for the ride instead of the 175 euros. We got to the hotel and were very impressed. The room was nice with a view of the sea. The guy that brought our bags told us about a big festival next to our hotel. He told us that this festival only happens once a year and it attracts people all over the world. He said more than 100,000 people show up and the party starts at midnight until 5am the ENTIRE weekend! We hoped that it wouldn’t be that bad. After we changed and unpacked we went to the mall. We went into a supermarket at the mall and bought water. We ate dinner at a place that makes crepe. After dinner we had an amazing dessert called Gyfros. It is a waffle with lots of chocolate and whip cream! So Yummy!! Then we went to the room and took showers. We then went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night because we were hungry. It was 1am and we went outside searching for a place that would be open. The concert already started and they were playing really really loud music. We asked the police where we can buy food and they told us that it was too late. If we wanted to buy food we would have to go the city. So we went back to the room and ordered room service. We had a meat plate with rolls and butter. After we finished eating we watched some TV until we fell asleep. Nagy fell asleep at 4am and Jennifer fell asleep at 5:30am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.451s; Tpl: 0.051s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb