Barcelona Day 1


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 5th 2006
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The flight on RyanAir from Dublin to Barcelona went well...once we boarded... 1/2 hour late, but we still arrived in Girona/Barcelona Airport 1/2 hour ahead of schedule. Most of the folks waiting for the flight to Barcelona were Spanish, and acted alot like Italians... a big herd vying for head of the line. We didn´t try to fight them, just sitting down, but got lucky. They were lined up 50 or so deep and 2 or 3 wide in front of the gate...when the airline staff showed up just before the flight, they told everyone (in English) that they had to line up in the queue areas of either section 1-99 or 100-199. We stood up, walked quickly to the correct "corral" and were like 8th in line, while the "herd" fought to get in the right line! Another interesting tidbit about the Spanish... they all applauded when we touched down, and yelled "Viva el piloto!" We caught the bus (RyanAir makes them available..at 11 Euros each) quickly and easily. Good thing, because we just made it to the Barcelona Metro in time to get to Hostal Filipe II, since the metro shuts down at midnight The hostal is ok, just not quite as fancy/nice as expected. They do have internet access, but not wi-fi as advertised on the web, and no drinks or snacks to buy. Hit the hay soon after arriving. Let´s see what the day brings. No photos yet, since no way to upload from camera or handheld.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb