Barcelona 2010: Wednesday


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 24th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

PicassoPicassoPicasso

no pics allowed inside
Wednesday was our least active day. We went to the Picasso museum in the morning and
i'm glad we did. We almost skipped it because we had heard it was not as nice as the one in Paris which we have already been to. But I read it had his renditions of Las Meninas and our Spanish book talks about how Picasso did his own versions of that masterpiece so I thought it would be cool to go and check it out. The other thing we liked was the chronological set up of his work.

We went to Muntjuic after, heading for the Miro Foundation. But we didn't really have a clear plan of what all to do here, so we just kind of wandered after visiting the Miro site. We took the funicular from the Paral.lel metro station. Miro was interesting - we don't understand modern art but we think it's fun to look at.

We also went out to the castle for the views of the city but we had another overcast day here.

I don't remember the details now, but we caught a bus we thought would take us right back to the funicular - I think at the castle - and it went all over the place, even going by the funicular but not allowing stops! So be careful what bus you get on!

So we were home early to pack and clean the apartment, because we left the next day for la Costa Brava, via Gerona!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

We don't get itWe don't get it
We don't get it

This is one of Miro's works
Performance artPerformance art
Performance art

This was fun, we got to throw darts at a wall of targets - yes, this is a piece of art on display


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb