Driving in Barcelona, Spain part 3


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
January 8th 2010
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Barcelona Old Town

There are places that make you forget about home. There places where you get to know strangers more than you know most of your friends. There are places that make you fall in love with the people, the food, the architecture, and the culture. Barcelona is one of these places. Like first love, you want to experience it over and over again.


It is almost impossible to get tired of the Spanish architecture with the incredible details of stone carvings and statues, intricate hand carved panellings, and antique furnishing. Almost all Spanish buildings have balconies adorned with vibrant red, yellow, purple flower arrangements. The city´s colors are brown and gray, the colors of stone bricks that make up the structure. Apple green, peach orange, cherry red, and grape blue colors are often used on doors, wooden window covers, window or door frames bringing zestful contrast to and accentuating the already delightful two century-old Barri Gothic neighborhood.


The collection of Gaudi´s buildings around town gives me the impression that Barcelona is a giant outdoor open museum. The sight of the Gaudi´s Sagrado Familia in Barcelona at night is out of this world. No words can describe it. Looking at it, I wondered whether I had been teleported to a civilization distant from the earth´s solar system. Looking at Barcelona old town map is like looking at many spider webs connected with one another. Finding a place here is like treasure hunting; mysterious, exciting, and full of hope of discovering the magical places and moments.


Till We Meet Again

I will remember the Barcelona driving experience not only for its intoxicating and exhilarating track times, but also for the people I encountered, the places we visited and stayed, the food and culture I experienced. Instead, through the driving experience, I found the reality of genuine, fun, learning, social, and cultural experiences...@driving-vacation

More pictures...



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb