Driving in Barcelona, Spain part 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
January 7th 2010
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hotel Arts

On the arrival day, I stayed at the Ritz Carlton´s Hotel Arts in Villa Olimpia neighborhood. There were a six star hotel rating, this hotel would qualify for such. Unlike most Ritz´s properties, Hotel Arts has a very modern open and spacious architecture and soothing design filled with modern dark colored furniture. This property can easily be mistaken for a Four Seasons´property judging from its architecture and design.


This hotel is located at Villa Olimpia, one of the athlete villages built for the 1992 Olympic game. This location is also the most sought after beach in Barcelona. It has wide long beaches with cheerful and colorful seafront. There are many aromatic seafood restaurants, bars with live music, and discos. And the parties start at midnight and go on till the city cleaning crews arrive…

Tapas

Experiencing Barcelona would not be complete without going for Tapas. We went to the emblematic Catalan cuisine restaurant Can Travi Nou. The restaurant host seated us, in a rustic, charming, and inviting dining room with an antique cabinet filled with china and bottles of spiced olive oil on one side, and barn-size wooden-frame glass doors on the opposite side. The doors were open and we could feel the Barcelona balmy and crisp air. Just outside the doors was the ambrosial green terrace with ornate stone tiles. The terrace overlooked the hill with houses perching on its steep sides. The lights from the houses made the hill look like a majestic lit-Christmas tree.

The Tapas from this place woke us up as we were exhausted for the track exercises. The mouth-watering taste and aroma came from the pan of the true master; the iron chef. The menu included what I considered exotic dishes; oven baked snails, black rice with cuttlefish, squid, and squid ink, and saute Ganxet white beans, broccoli, cabbage, and Morcilla (pig´s blood). For the brave hearts, the tastes of these foreign dishes were unearthing discoveries.


Even the simpler Tapas from this place were heavenly. The grilled fresh vegetables and the toasted country bread with tomato dribbled in spiced olive oil tasted ridiculously fresh and healthy. The friendly, attentive, and humorous waiters and waitresses added to the list of many little things that made this place an unforgettable dining experience..@driving-vacation

More pictures...




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



3rd March 2010

thnx
Thanks for sharing this information.The knowledge very useful.Thank you very much
16th June 2010

great post
It's amazing how a photo can draw you into a place. I'm the type of girl who's love looking in such a great photo's like this...I want to spend my vacation there..Thanks for sharing this lovely post! Keep it up!..I use this site when I want to find a vacation home..Try a look for more comparison..http://www.SojournVacationRentals.com offers vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts, short term rentals, home rentals anywhere and anytime.
16th June 2010

great post
It's amazing how a photo can draw you into a place. I'm the type of girl who's love looking in such a great photo's like this...I want to spend my vacation there..Thanks for sharing this lovely post! Keep it up!..I use this site when I want to find a vacation home..Try a look for more comparison..http://www.SojournVacationRentals.com offers vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts, short term rentals, home rentals anywhere and anytime.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb