Barcelona Day 1-2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 12th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Don't Bother MeDon't Bother MeDon't Bother Me

Jake with Papa's noise canceling headphones on.
So we finally arrived to BCN and upon waiting for our luggage, come to find that they have lost our stroller. The lost luggage desk said that they see that it never left London and would arrive on a later flight. She said she **hoped** with a winced smile that it would arrive to our hotel tomorrow...it is tomorrow at 11:30pm...so stroller. Brian had the front desk of our hotel call them this morning and they said that if it didn't arrive by tomorrow am that we would be able to buy a new stroller, but we needed to speak with them first, so we don't spend over the allotted replacement amount!!!

Last night we were able to roam up and down the street that our hotel is on, the Passeig de Gracia, a main street that runs into the main drag, La Rambla. We found food on a side street, Brian had seafood risotto and I had some pasta dish with chicken and mushrooms. It was tasty!

We stumbled back to the hotel half asleep at 12am local time and hit the hay...Jake woke up 3 times last night due to the time change....normally he can sleep a
View from our hotelView from our hotelView from our hotel

Condes de Barcelona
good 10 hours with a short wake-up to eat right before we go to sleep. Right now it's midnight and he's wide awake in his crib!!!

Today we rolled out of bed at 10:30am...not too different than our at home weekend ritual!!! We showered and got Jake's diaper bag together and were out the door by noon. We went to Condes de Ingles, the grocery, drug store, department store in one, and picked up some dish soap to wash bottles with, paper towels to dry bottles with, bottled water to make bottles with, and shampoo, conditioner, ant traps (our 6th floor room has random ants wandering around!!!!), Brian bought a Casio watch. He doesn't wear a watch, usually depending on his cell phone for the time....we left out beloved iPhones at home! What time is it....TIME TO BUY A WATCH!!!

By the time we finished wandering the store, it was 2:30pm and time to head back to the hotel to drop off our purchases and get the directions to Jenn's house in Valldoreix (20 minutes outside Barcelona). The train was about 4 blocks from our hotel at El Triangle located in the Plaza Catalunya. It was a very
Oh so godyOh so godyOh so gody

Brian and Jake in front of Gaudi's Apartment building.
easy journey by train, we arrived at 4:45pm, just in time for Malena's 6th birthday party that began at 5pm. Enough time to get the house tour. She has a beautiful 2 story home with a very large 3 tiered backyard. The top tier has a spanish tiled patio/patch of grass, the second tier down has a small swimming pool and grassy area, and the bottom is a dirt area that the kids play around in. I would move to Spain to have a house/yard like this!!!

Maybe 8-10 kids ca me to the party with their parents. All ex-pats...sp?...some originated from the UK, Ireland, a lady from Wisconsin that met her Australian husband in Santa Cruz where they worked together at the Bonny Doon winery, there was another guy from Chicago that has lived in Barcelona for the last 20 years. It was quite a diverse crowd...all speaking English!

We left Jenn's at about 10pm and came back via the train. Diego offered to drive us, but we didn't have Jake's car seat and didn't want to take a chance on the freeway on the way back into town. We are now back in the hotel and
Papa, you're making me look dorky!Papa, you're making me look dorky!Papa, you're making me look dorky!

Brian ruining Jake's game with the ladies...such a flirt that boy!
I am making sure I get every dime of my 16 euro internet time! I had to stop to get Jake's bottles ready for the night and wash his bottles from today. Brian & Jake are sacked out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Hola!Hola!
Hola!

Jake with his mama!
Sleepy time...Sleepy time...
Sleepy time...

Jake sleeping on the train on our way to Valldoreix.
I'm not sleepy mama...I'm not sleepy mama...
I'm not sleepy mama...

Our attempt to put Jake down for a nap.
Make a wishMake a wish
Make a wish

Malena blowing out her candles.
Back to the hotelBack to the hotel
Back to the hotel

Jake and I in front of the Gaudi apartments on the way back to the hotel


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb