Barcelona!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 4th 2009
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

30 June to 4 July 09. What a city! Got deal on Monarch flight from Manc and good hotel just by harbour/La Rambla. Everything lived up to expectations - Barcelona is interesting, easy to get about and bonus of great weather. Goudi architecture has to be the highlight, which comes as no surprise to anyone who has ever visited the city. Did attempt to see most of other sightseeing venues following mandatory city open top bus tour, with help of four day bus/metro/train/tram ticket. Food will always be high on list of priorities - ate authentic Barca tapas, Gazpacho, tuna paella and of course patatas bravas (photos explain). Only disappointment was that couldn get in to see Camp Nou (Barca football ground) as U2 were playing gig that night there. Tried to get a ticket but too dear in end. Right outcome - better time wandering streets! Unfortunately due to hand baggage only trip, karate suit didn manage this time. Hope to return one day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Period apartment in The Casa Mila (La Pedrera)Period apartment in The Casa Mila (La Pedrera)
Period apartment in The Casa Mila (La Pedrera)

Made me perspire just looking at this antiquated ironing board!
Parc Guell tunnellParc Guell tunnell
Parc Guell tunnell

Difficult not to lean to right when strolling down here!


16th July 2009

Great pics
Love these pics and the spanish words, patatas bravas mmmm had a few of them in SA!! The pics of tunnel makes me even look to the right ha ha

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb