Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 11th 2009
Published: June 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last night after updating this thing we went to sleep.. and woke up 11 hours later!!! All of this traveling is catching up to us! After we woke up we spent half the day doing what we love do¡ng most.. at the beach getting tans. (Becky- I got you some rocks!!)

After this we went to a restaurant that was really fancy. We recognized one thing on the menu we both liked: Chicken!! When it came out there was something on our plate that we could not figure out what it was. Even after disecting it and Sam bravely taking a bite, we still didn´t know what it was!! We´ll be putting up some pictures so if anyone can tell us what it is, please do haha.

When we finished eating, we wandered around the city. We both really like Barcelona, its possibly our favorite place so far (although Ireland was pretty awesome). We also did some shopping along the La Rambla, which is the main street in Barcelona. There are street performers everywhere and there were hundreds of people there. We were watching some people who were singing and playing instruments and next thing we know, a little old man comes up and asks Sam to dance. She laughed and told him that she couldn´t dance but he said he would teach her.. and he was just so precious that she couldn´t tell him no. We got the entire thing on video so everyone can enjoy that when they get home & she actually had a lot of fun.

We then came across a huge market off the side of La Rambla. We came across some vendors that were selling fruit drinks. These were some of the best drinks we had ever had, we ended up drinking 3 each!! We think we will be craving these when we get back home. We then walked down to the port and sat around and people watched, which is always entertaining.

After this we walked back to our hostel and now were updating this.. we´re going to attempt to put up some of our pictures, hope you enjoy!

--Sam & Am


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

11
1

View from our room
22
2

Lobster.. we named him Edwardo.
33
3

The beach
44
4

Our first step into the Mediterranean Sea!!
66
6

Drinking frozen lemonade
88
8

Sagrada Familia Church
1111
11

We walked all the way up this hill and then we reached the entrance of the park
1212
12

Totally worth the walk!!
1515
15

The green part is the La Rambla
1919
19

Our ravaged KFC Chicken that we ate after walking all over the city.. we looked like such typical Americans while we were chowing down on this haha
2020
20

This is the entrance to our hostel.. the building was once a government office


12th June 2009

mystery food
It looks like it might be an artichoke.
22nd June 2009

That Darn Green Stuff
I agree....looks like an artichoke

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb