Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
February 4th 2005
Published: February 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Cannes at SunsetCannes at SunsetCannes at Sunset

Late in the day I climbed to the top of a hill to the old section of Canes and caught this sunset.
OK sorry to have been away from the blog for so long, it has been a week full of travel.

I left Florence for Pisa then a Night train to Nice, France. It was a terrible choice the train was packed they had 6 people per room ont he train in chairs (3 facing 3) trying to sleep, it was super hot and people had their legs all tied together, I stayed in the hallway until 5:30am then found a cabin that had 3 empty seats I could sleep across.

Nice was nice heeehehee

I spent the day in the sun by the beach and then went to the trainstation to figure out how to get to and from Chamonix, where I planned to Snowboard. It was impossible to get there and back in a reasonable amount of time, so I decided to stay in the French Riviera for a few days instead, Please send your pity...

I went to Monoco for a night, I tried to go to the casino (very James Bond) but my ATM has expired and they would exchange travelers checks at the casino!!! (Strange that they did´t seem to want my money)
Nice BeachNice BeachNice Beach

Actually the Beach in Nice, France


I went to Cannes next this town must be amazing in the summer, very nice beaches and cool old castles on the hills. Here I was able to get into the casino and releave them of enough money to pay for two nights lodging, yipee. It is a strange place to gamble, there is a cover charge to get in, so you are down from the beginning, also several rules are different which can be confusing.

I spent yesterday on a train to Barcelona, and will head to Madrid in an hour.

Barcelona is beautiful. It is one of many cities I wish I had more time to visit. The food is great the architecture is awesome and there is art everywhere, I wandered around this morning and then went to the Picasso Museum, 3600 orignal pieces of his work on display, including a piece tha the first exhibited when he was only 15. It was great to see his progression through many styles of art.

I will try to upoad some photos from Madrid or Lisbon, but i have to get my backpack and make it across town to the train station now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Preparing for CarnivalPreparing for Carnival
Preparing for Carnival

Nice claims to have one of the biggest Carnivals in Europe, you can see the streets are painted in preparations for 3 weeks of parades and parties, I missed it all by a few days.
Monoco Classic Car RallyMonoco Classic Car Rally
Monoco Classic Car Rally

I caught the last day of this Rally, the winner is based on precision (getting to check points at exactly the right time) not speed.
Church on top of the hillChurch on top of the hill
Church on top of the hill

This church was on top of the hill, it is right behind where I took the sunset picture.
Barcelona Train StationBarcelona Train Station
Barcelona Train Station

This is one of the train stations in Barcelona, it has great architecture and a great feel.
Oranges in a parkOranges in a park
Oranges in a park

These orange trees were growing in one of Barcelona´s big parks.
Peppers in the MercadoPeppers in the Mercado
Peppers in the Mercado

These peppers were for sale in a mercado in Barcelona, strange to see so many hot peppers in a country where the food is not spicy at all.
Where are all the Fat Kids?Where are all the Fat Kids?
Where are all the Fat Kids?

With all this candy for sale, I figured there would be fat kids all over Barcelona, not the case.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb