Sangria on the beach ... in October


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
October 5th 2008
Published: November 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Barcelona has always been one of my favourite cities, and I never felt like I spent enough time there back in 2005 site seeing solo. So Scott and I went to spend a weekend in the city and suck up the atmosphere (i.e. food and a wine). On the Saturday we did the Fat Tire Bike tour which was good fun cruising around the city taking in the main sites including, city park, Barri Gotic, cathedral and the wonderful Sagrada Familia. We ended up down on the beach drinking sangria and wobbling back to base. That afternoon we took a stroll down the La Rambla and the back roads around Sant Pere Born. We started the evening with some wines in a Placa, then moved on to down some more sangria and tapas before heading out to dinner. Dinner ended up being a 10 course seafood meal, it was a recommendation so we didn’t know what was going on until we got there (so really didn’t need those early evening tapas!). The seafood was delicious. The following morning we went up to Park Guell, as you can probably gather we are fans of Gaudi’s work ;-)
That afternoon we had a late lazy lunch on the water front and watched the north African men with there fake bags beat a hasty retreat every time the police walked past. Barcelona remains one of my favourite cities

Photos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb