Day 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
August 14th 2008
Published: November 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Found a Subway for breakfast, in typical Spanish style. Eventually we found the tube to the city centre by sheer fluke as we happened to walk past the station. After 2 hours, we managed to figure out how to use the ticket machine. Thank god it was in english else it would have taken ages. We got off the tube at Catalunya where we came across 2 different choices of exit. We picked the wrong one and ended up walking out of the city centre towards the hotel. We walked back and found Las Ramblas. Neither of us have ever seen so many beautiful people in one place before. Feeling out of place, we stopped and had beer. We carried on, and saw the street statues and some funky little roads. Then we stopped and had beer.
Eventually we found a big bridge over the marina and thought it would be a good idea to walk over it. Lots more beautiful people came into view and there were 2 giant men floating in the water (see pics). We managed to get to the other side and then were both nearly killed by a bus so we stopped and had beer.
We then found the most amazing funky shop ever! And there were about 7 of the same Desigual shop in about a 5 metre radius. Fot some reason, we decided NOT to buy clothes just yet due to always finding something better and cheaper straight afterwards. Will see what else Barcelona has to offer first. We stopped and had beer.
We managed to find the tube station back to the hotel and went to the shopping centre across the road from it to buy beer and shampoo. We forgot to buy beer but Erika bought a dildo shaped salami which was cool.
Back at the hotel, we got beer from the mini bar and went up on the roof. There was a potential storm in the distance but it never reached us. The roof terrace is totally lush though (see pics)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb