Day 4 - Barcelona, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
August 19th 2008
Published: August 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bottleshop on Carrer de HospitalBottleshop on Carrer de HospitalBottleshop on Carrer de Hospital

Wine from the barrel - yes please.

Activities


Sagrada Familia
Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar

Highlight(s)




Odd Spot




Weather


Warm, sunny day. High temperature 29 degrees.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Sant AntoniSant Antoni
Sant Antoni

Metro station - clean, easy to use and trains are on time!!
Sagrada FamiliaSagrada Familia
Sagrada Familia

Construction of cathedral has been ongoing since late 1880's.
Carrer de MontcadaCarrer de Montcada
Carrer de Montcada

Museu Picasso has to be around here somewhere...
Basilica de Santa Maria del MarBasilica de Santa Maria del Mar
Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar

Recognised as the most beautiful church int the city, Santa Maria del Mar has an amazing gothic facade and breathtaking internal architecture.
Carrer Volta BufanallaCarrer Volta Bufanalla
Carrer Volta Bufanalla

Opposite Basilica de Santa Maria, Barcelona's residential laneways are understated but full of character.
Los CaracolesLos Caracoles
Los Caracoles

Tile laden dining rooms, easy to drink cava (bubbles) and cerveza (beer), sensational roast chicken, decadent desserts - a fabulous lunch from start to finish.
Passeig de Colom at duskPasseig de Colom at dusk
Passeig de Colom at dusk

Out for a stroll just on dusk - 9pm.
The Columbus MonumentThe Columbus Monument
The Columbus Monument

Looking down towards the Columbus Monument from Passieg de Colom.


20th August 2008

Great photos
A couple of things..... I'm pleased to see the gelati count is now out numbering the days away, I expect to see this trend to continue. Great photos guys.....getting a great feel for the city. Clean, on time trains....wow....see what you can learn from them and bring the knowledge back to Melbourne!!!
20th August 2008

keep it coming...
Loving keeping track on the blog... make sure you save a few happy snaps for the slide night when you get back!.... Hey, I've got a crew getting together to watch the Valencia race live on Sunday - Channel 10 HD is coming to the party again this week. Be great to patch you guys in for an on the scene report....
21st August 2008

Disaster at Madrid Airport
Got a bit of a fright this morning when the first item on the news was the plane explosion at Madrid Airport. Oscar was told very sternly to SHHHHHH by both of us as we tried to work out what was going on and where. Confirmed that it's the same country as you, but different city, different location and different type of tourist involved. Stay out of trouble and keep going with the gelati!!
21st August 2008

Disaster at Madrid Airport
The first time we saw the footage was walking past a cafe that had a massive tv screen. We could see what had happened but it took us a while longer to work out the details and actual impact. If my spanish is correct, I believe three days of national mourning have just been announced.

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0959s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb