Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
August 15th 2008
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Gang

We arrived here in BCN on Monday morning for what was suppose to be a two day visit before heading east towards the south of France. We decided to extend our visit by one day to get a bit more of the sights in and then we extended for a further two days as we could not get any accommodation in France! This made us somewhat nervous in terms of forward booking accommodation, but it seems now that it was a once off glitch due to public holidays in France, and hopefully things will be a bit smoother from here on. Tomorrow we haed for Montpellier for 2 nights and then 2 nights in Avignon.

Had a bit of a shaky start to the trip on arrival here in BCN. The taxi driver fully ripped us off. When we arrived at the hotel the flag dropped at €12 and then he magically bumped it up to €35 simply because he placed our bags in the boot. I know they usually charge for this, but not sure why that would cost an extra €22! Since then things have been great and no dramas with pick pockets or anything like that, but then again Lysh and I are being very sensible and not making ourselves easy targets, even though a big white guy with a backpack on looks like an obvious tourist I have been practising my angry face, which seems to scare most people away.

So far we have managed to do a lot of sightseeing kicking it all off with a day on the tourist bus. Always a bit cheesy but a great way to orientate yourself and work out the better places to visit when you have more time. Being on a budget we have done a lot of walking and having a nosey around the place by foot, which has been really good. A highlight for me was visiting the Olympic Village from the 92 games. Whilst now a bit run down it was still very impressive. Have also been to the Temple de La Sagrada Familia (the massive Gaudi church that is still under construction), Tibidabo (for the tram ride and views, not the amusement park), Las Ramblas, the Barru Gohic and the many beaches.

Have been fairly tight on the food front not eating too much and reckon we will both drop a few kg over the coming weeks. This is a good thing given the copious amounts of booze we sank prior to departing from the UK! Reckon my hangover has only just left me now. The upshot is that Lysh and I are going to treat oursleves to a nice seafood meal somewhere in Barceloneta this evening to finish off our time here in BCN.

Well that´s it from me. Lysh can enter the next travel blog once we have been to Montpellier and Avignon.

Later,
Kibby


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



4th September 2008

Photo's?!!!
Where's your photos folks?!!! Finally managed to get on to this - didn't seem to like me signing up for your page and won't send me reminders! Ruddy website....and I used it for a year!!!! Sounds like you are making the most of things though! Enjoy! J xx

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb